We are looking for a junior level Release engineer who has experience in both programming and release management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the engineering team leaders with implementing successful deployment and rollback plans
- Maintain and improve the deployment environments (Dev, QA, UAT, Production, Demo, training, etc), including, but not limited to: scripts, servers, applications, configurations, access permissions, etc.
- Participate in the development or configuration of software tools that enhance the deployment and management of software.
- Enforce the security and change management requirements of the software deployment process for the entire organization.
- Create and maintain automated and manual build processes with adequate transparency, reporting, controls, and rollback considerations.
- Successfully execute builds and deployment plans, validating the success and failure.
- Provide on-call and backup support for deployment processes.
- Collaborate with other technology team leaders and project management office leaders to ensure effectiveness.
- Communicate clearly and upholds an environment for clear communication, cooperation, collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 2 or more years working knowledge of software engineering practices and principles including SDLC & service delivery best practices.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Bash/Perl/Python) with at least 2 years of scripting experience.
- 1 or more years' experience with build automation tools development and implementation, preferably in a release engineering position in a medium/large software organization.
- 1 or more years' experience with source control management tools and source control management scripting, preferably in an administrative role in a large software organization. (Git, Perforce, Subversion)
- 1 or more years' experience Windows server administration, Linux server administration, VMware, preferably in a senior/management position.
- Exposure to multiple web servers: Apache, Tomcat, enterprise application servers: JBoss; or database systems: Sybase.
- Knowledge of defect tracking systems like JIRA, Bugzilla, or similar.
- Knowledge of continuous deployment and continuous integration in various systems. (Jenkins, Travis, Go)
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex installation problems on various operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills, effective people and process management skills in a live mission-critical environment.
TMC has a strong commitment to respect of our team members both in the office and out of it. Unlike most finance IT firms TMC is not about pointlessly putting hours in. TMC has a results oriented culture but we strongly believe in a work life balance and plan our projects accordingly. We are also not above the occasional (or not so occasional) light hearted practical joke.
Benefits and Perks
TMC is located in the heart of midtown east Manhattan with easy access restaurants, bars and transportation. TMC offers highly competitive salaries, 401(K) with employer match, and a comprehensive package of benefits (including medical, dental, FSA/HSA, transit, company paid life & disability, etc.). Of course TMC also offers free drinks and snacks. You will work with a dedicated and talented team of software engineers focused on building the best fixed income trading platform on the street. For superior candidates, we will sponsor H-1 visas.